The Story That Wasn't
As some of you may be aware, this post is supposed to be about a new short story from the Corsaw series.
I wrote the story last month, but then I had an epiphany. I'd rather publish a story every other month. It's better for my timeline and sanity. The story I wrote still needs to be edited, but I could have done that last month and been fine with my schedule. My thoughts were for the future. As this month begins, I am realizing how busy I am going to be, especially when I add in my lack of a husband. His deployment is pushing a lot of things to the front and center that I hadn't considered when I first made my schedule.
So I am adapting.
I have the ideas ready for the stories planned, but I don't know how I didn't notice sooner that there weren't enough to lead me up until the predicted release date of the Corsaw series. However, if I space them every other month, it appears to work much better.
There you have it. A perfectly clear example of how this process is very much a learning one for me. I've never tried something of this magnitude with so much forethought, and I'm sure I will run into many more bumps along the way. For the record, I apologize.